What better way to enjoy the summer grill season than to win a free, professional grill, in the Jarlsberg® Cheese Extraordinary Grill Contest? Every week, Jarlsberg® Cheese will give away a professional grill to one winner. Entering is easy. Starting May 23rd, simply enter to win by filling out the Jarlsberg® Cheese Extraordinary Grilling Contest form on their Facebook page or Jarlsberg website. You may enter one time every week, through August 31, 2015. Each week one winner will be randomly selected, and be notified by email.
And to entice you to try Jarlsberg® Cheese, I have some delicious recipes for you!
Yield: 4 hamburgers
- 4 slices Jarlsberg sliced Lite or Hickory Smoked Cheese
- 1 pound ground meat
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 slices of pickle (or to liking)
- 2 egg whites
- Mayonnaise, ketchup, or mustard to liking
- Large lettuce leaves, torn to fit bun
- Salt and pepper
- Gently mix meat with egg whites, salt and pepper, and form 4 patties.
- Grill the burgers for about 4 – 5 minutes on each side.
- During the final minutes of cooking, place a slice of Jarlsberg® Cheese on the burgers, until melted.
- Heat the buns on the grill, slightly, then spread mayonnaise, mustard, and/or ketchup on the buns. Add lettuce leaves, tomato slices, red onions and pickles.
- Serve and enjoy.
Jarlsberg Grilled Fig Pizza
- 2 cups Shredded Jarlsberg Cheese
- 1 pound of dough pound of dough (buy at your local pizzeria)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- Olive oil spray
- Toppings as desired
- Figs – fresh and as many as you desire
- Salt, pepper and basil to taste
- Before you light the grill, spray olive oil over grill, being sure to cover well. Once grill is hot, gently lay the dough, stretched out already, on the grill.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until crust starts to brown slightly, then flip.
- In a separate bowl, mix crushed tomatoes, adding in salt, pepper, and fresh basil to taste.
- Lay tomato mixture and Jarlsberg Cheese on top of crush, and scatter some fresh, sliced figs.
- Cover for 4-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Use a large spatula to remove pizza from grill.
The Jarlsberger looks amazing! I may have to try that this summer!