#spon: I'm required to disclose a relationship between our site and Hillshire. This could include Hillshire providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
Thanks to Hillshire Farms Naturals, I can now have sandwiches and have my turkey lunch meat, too! Hillshire Farm Naturals™ lunchmeats are crafted to be both 100% natural and 100% delicious. The lunchmeats are slow roasted in their own juices and have no artificial ingredients or preservatives. Also, there are no added nitrates or nitrites, which makes it healthier for those who can't live without their lunchmeat.
Like I said, I prefer turkey lunch meat, since I've never really been a ham fan so I decided to try Hillshire Farms Naturals Slow Roasted Turkey Breast and Hillshire Farms Naturals Hardwood Smoked Turkey Breast. How did they taste?
When you eat regular lunchmeat, a lot of it tastes really salty. That's not the case with Hillshire Farms Naturals! I could barely taste the salt (if there was any), which is always a plus in my book. How was the turkey? Delicious! It actually tasted like turkey, and reminded me of the leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches we would always have. The meat itself didn't taste artificial at all, and had a healthy mouth feel to it. I'm not sure if I can go back to regular lunchmeat anymore!
(Be sure to follow Hillshire Farms on Facebook and Twitter for more deliciousness!)
Since it's been a while since we've done a food recipe (Drink recipes don't count!), I thought I would use the Hillshire Farms Naturals Slow Roasted Turkey Breast in a sandwich recipe!
Spinach & Avocado Turkey Sandwich
Prep time: 5-10 mins.
Total time: 5-10 mins.
- 2 slice rye bread (or whole wheat, depending on what you prefer)
- 2 slices Hillshire Farms Naturals Slow Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 handful Spinach leaves (We used the bagged spinach but you can use fresh spinach.)
- Sliced red onion to taste
- lemon juice
- Remove avocado flesh from avocado half. Spread on one side on each slice of rye bread.
- Place spinach on top of avocado.
- Slice a little bit of red onion (to taste) and place on top of spinach.
- Take 2 slices of Hillshire Farms Naturals Slow Roasted Turkey Breast and put it on top of onion.
- Drizzle with a little bit of lemon juice.
- Close sandwich with remaining slice of bread, avocado facing down.
What's your favorite way to make a wonderfully delicious turkey sandwich?