Check us out on social media!

We're getting married! (And help me surprise my future husband!)

It's been a while (almost a year or so) since we last posted an update. Boy, do we have news for you!

Let us take you back to the beginning. Leigh joined the ranks as our resident game reviewer, building our gaming and technology sections to the awesomeness they are now. As Leigh and I started spending a little more time together outside of business (though we still discussed gaming, technology, and the nerdy sides of our hobbies, mostly Doctor Who and Harry Potter), we felt love's blossom plant its seed. We fell in love, and moved in together.

A few months later, Leigh came to me with what would be my first clue that something was happening. One day, we were at his friend's house when he said "People at work know something about me that you don't. It's about me but involves you.". He wouldn't go into any further details, knowing it would drive me crazy!

As the months went on, he would add more clues, tell more people we knew just so they could say "I know something you don't know!". As it got closer to the day I would be finding out, he went out and bought a white poster board which would eventually be my proposal, written in circular Gallifreyan. (At some point, he had me trace the circles and lines because he wasn't very good at tracing, but would not allow me to decipher it yet.) The joshing became unstoppable right until the hour we left for dinner - I was going crazy!

The day he proposed, he took me and my family out for dinner. As he and I came back inside from talking, he asked my sister to get the white poster board (which I was finally able to translate because as he was writing it, he wouldn't let me and I'm a major Doctor Who fan!).

As I got to "marry" in the translation, I turned around, and as you can see in the video, he is on one knee. I couldn't speak - I could only nod. I was like a bobble head!



We're getting married April 1, 2020 (and no, we're not kidding!) with a Whovian-themed wedding.

Now, here is the part I need everyone's help on! Like I said, we're MAJOR Doctor Who fans and Leigh's favorite Doctor is Matt Smith. I would love to surprise him at the wedding with either a personalized autographed photo from Matt Smith or, even better, a video from Matt Smith! (If I could only help you understand the depth of which this man deserves this and so much more. Imagine your darkest days, and imagine someone holding you as spent the entire night crying so hard, you eventually fell asleep in his arms, exhausted.)

So if you can, help this post go viral and help me surprise my fiancee with something beyond his wildest dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.