Check us out on social media!

I got a free dress! (Alterations not included.) #SayYesToTheDress #TARDISWedding #davidsbridal

Me in the unzipped dress
When my cousin found out that I was getting married, she offered me her wedding dress. But between family, work, and other obligations, I was unable to get out to her to go see the dress and pick it up.

Well, one Saturday, me, Leigh, my sister, and our friend went to Six Flags Over Texas. She found out and doesn't live too far from where we were so she offered to meet us and bring the dress with her. It was late (probably around 9pm CST) and pretty dark but from what I could tell at that moment, it was big and pretty. She said it was a size 14 and and since I am a size 16, I figured that it would give me time to get back down to the size 14 I was a year ago...

Unfortunately, weight is not the problem. I come from a family with broad (but not busty) chests. My dad's side of the family has broad chests and shoulders, so as I tried on the dress this morning, I stepped into it and one of my initial fears was that it wouldn't go over my hips and butt. That wasn't the problem! The problem came to trying to zip it up. As my sister tried to zip it past my lower back, it wouldn't move! I thought it was my stomach, so I did as most women do and try to suck it in. Nope - stomach wasn't the problem. She touched my sides and my back and felt muscle and bones so we knew that it was made for a petite woman - which my cousin is - so my mind raced but then it hit me- David's Bridal! They do alterations!

Early morning me in unzipped dress

So within the next few months, I will be calling David's Bridal to see if they can help me. I mean, this was a GORGEOUS $900 dress I didn't have to buy and if they can fix my problem, I will be one extremely happy bride-to-be!

(It does have a lot of tulle... And while it makes the dress look nice, it also makes it heavy and very hot. My gay friend, Todd, suggested I get the tulle removed while my sister said keep the tulle.)

What do you guys think - should I remove the tulle or keep it as it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.