Easter is upon us again, and if you're looking for something new to make on Sunday, we have 3 great recipes for you to try and their made with our favorite - Jarlsberg® Cheese! (Does that pizza look so good?)
Egg, Ham and Jarlsberg® Cheese Cups
- 4 slices Black Forest or Virginia ham
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices Jarlsberg® Cheese
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Fresh basil, scallions or parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat 4 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fit 1 slice of ham into each muffin cup. (Ham will hang over edges of cups.)
- Crack 1 egg into each cup.
- Bake in middle of oven until egg whites are cooked but yolks are still runny, which is about 13 minutes. (Add Jarlsberg® Cheese slices 5 minutes before done.)
- Season eggs with salt & pepper and remove cups carefully.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil, scallions, or parsley.
Jarlsberg® Cheese & Asparagus Tart
- 2 cups Jarlsberg Lite Cheese, shredded
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a 16-by-10 inch rectangle, trimming uneven edges. Place on baking sheet. With a knife, lightly score the pastry dough 1-inch from the edges to mark a rectangle. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at ½-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pastry shell from the oven, and sprinkle with the shredded Jarlsberg® Cheese. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside the pastry shell – arrange in a single layer over the Jarlsberg® Cheese, alternating ends and tips. Brush with oil, sprinkle thyme leaves, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until spears are tender, about 20 minutes.
Jarlsberg® Breakfast Pizza
- 1 Store-bought flatbread or pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups Jarlsberg® cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tbsp. chopped basil, plus one sprig as garnish
- Freshly ground pepper, salt
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pizza dough to desired thickness.
- Place the rolled out pizza dough on to the prepared baking sheet. Top with shredded cheese. Make 4 small wells with the cheese, and crack an egg into each well. Arrange the bacon around the eggs, and top with the chopped basil leaves and the tomato halves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes until the eggs are just set and the pizza crust is golden.
Which one are you likely to try? I really want to try the asparagus tart!