Sep 30, 2016

Weight Loss Journey: Why I Started Running



Losing weight this year was my main goal. I was tired of being overweight, feeling tired all the time, and just not being all that healthy overall.

So I started walking with my dad. We would walk a mile or two, and after a while, I started losing weight. I started eating better, and I had a little more energy.

August came and I realized that walking wasn't enough for me. I wanted to get healthier. I started jogging. Because I hadn't built up a lot of stamina yet, I couldn't jog for long. But I would jog every couple of days. As I started to jog more often, I realized I was getting addicted to it. So I started to push my limits. I would do what I call "half-strides" - not complete full sprints and not quite jogging. I even created a playlist for my walk/run intervals.

One day, I was looking for songs to add to my playlist when I came across The Animal by Disturbed. The minute I heard it, I knew it would become my official running song. That day, I was did nothing but half-strides and full sprints. It put me into beast mode. I started running every day because I felt so good afterwards. It made me feel like I was making a difference in my health.

Before running & after I started running

I ended up losing much more weight than I expected. I am much more healthier than I've been in a long time.

I started running because it allowed me to pound out stress and relax. I started running because it's fun. I started running because I cared about my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.