Check us out on social media!

Weight Loss Journey: I did it!



I have some exciting news that I never thought I would be able to announce!

Let me back up. A little over a week ago, I was playing Pokemon Go when I stepped onto a curb. Part of it crumbled under my foot and out instinct, I put out my right hand to keep me from falling completely. The next morning, I woke up and noticed that my right wrist a little swollen and painful. So I bought an Ace bandage to wrap it with.

A few days later, I was spending the weekend with a friend when he said he was worried that I was still wrapping it so he decided to take me to the emergency room. (On a side note, it's just a major sprain and I have to wear a splint for a week.)

But in triage, where they weigh you, I saw the number the nurse wrote down. For the first time in several years after trying to lose weight, I finally got below the weight I was aiming for! Granted it's only by a couple of pounds and I'll be flip flopping between them, but the elation I felt when I saw that number is something I hadn't felt in such a long time!

I knew losing a lot of weight took a lot of work, and I am so glad I stuck with it. There were times I wondered if it was really even worth it. There were times I wanted to give up. But seeing my clothes get baggier, my body get healthier, and
my moods change made me realize that yes, it was worth it. More than I ever imagined.

I still have a ways to go, and I know I can do it.

I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.