Aug 25, 2016

Weight Loss Journey: I did it!



I have some exciting news that I never thought I would be able to announce!

Let me back up. A little over a week ago, I was playing Pokemon Go when I stepped onto a curb. Part of it crumbled under my foot and out instinct, I put out my right hand to keep me from falling completely. The next morning, I woke up and noticed that my right wrist a little swollen and painful. So I bought an Ace bandage to wrap it with.

A few days later, I was spending the weekend with the boyfriend when he said he was worried that I was still wrapping it so he decided to take me to the emergency room. (On a side note, it's just a major sprain and I have to wear a splint for a week.)

But in triage, where they weigh you, I saw the number the nurse wrote down. For the first time in several years after trying to lose weight, I finally got below the weight I was aiming for! Granted it's only by a couple of pounds and I'll be flip flopping between them, but the elation I felt when I saw that number is something I hadn't felt in such a long time!

I knew losing a lot of weight took a lot of work, and I am so glad I stuck with it. There were times I wondered if it was really even worth it. There were times I wanted to give up. But seeing my clothes get baggier, my body get healthier, and
my moods change made me realize that yes, it was worth it. More than I ever imagined.

I still have a ways to go, and I know I can do it.

I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.