Easy Garlic Herb Microwave Mashed Potatoes
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 20-40 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 4 large potatoes (We used 2 Idaho and 2 Yukon Gold. It was all we had on hand.)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (You can use more or less, depending on your taste.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian herb seasoning (We used Spike! 5 Herb Magic.)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Put potatoes in a large microwaveable bowl. Fill bowl with water until potatoes are submerged.
- Microwave on high for 20-40 minutes. (Microwave times may very. Check for softness after 20 minutes. You may need to extend or decrease cooking time.)
- Drain most of the water. Pour in 1 cup of milk.
- Mash until desired consistency. (I like mine lumpy!)
- While potatoes are still hot, put in 1 tablespoon of butter and stir.
- Add 2 teaspoons of garlic powder and 2 tablespoons of Italian Herb seasoning, and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
They were such a hit with the family, I've had several people ask for the recipe! I mean, who doesn't love mashed potatoes?