Check us out on social media!

Fancy Pants Poetry by Agostino Scafidi

I rarely talk about poetry on the blog - mainly because poetry is subjective and I don't want to offend anyone. But in general, I love poetry. I used to write some back in my teens years, though they have now been lost for years.

So when I was asked to review Fancy Pants Poetry by Agostino Scafidi, I was a little hesitant. Would I enjoy it? Would I even know what he was talking about? The short answer? Yes. Most of his poems I understood, though some were a little hard for me to grasp. But after spending a day reading his book, I even found myself bookmarking certain ones because they resonated with me on an personal level. His prose and descriptions made the words stand out in a way I haven't seen in new poetry for a long time.

My absolutely favorite one was full of emotion that caught me off guard - but in a good way. Titled Death or Rebirth?, it's about letting a circumstance either take you down or making you stronger and better. If you think about it, we have all been in situations where we were unsure if we should just give in or fight.

While it Fancy Pants Poetry can be described as dark and sarcastic, it has a raw beauty in the way he allows you to see into his soul... in a way. I believe poetry is the best way to illuminate your thinking into the world and everyone sees something different.

I liked it -- plain and simple.

If you're interested, you can see samples of Fancy Pants Poetry.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Angela, if your readers are interested they can purchase the eBook on my store http://agostinoscafidi.bigcartel.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.