Jan 8, 2012

A LIfe Changer!

 I usually don't boast about a book before I'm even done. But I'm 3/4 done with the current book I'm reading and I have to say that it has to be one of the best self-help (I hate that word!) books I've ever come across. I'm not gonna say what the book is because I'll be reviewing it soon. You're in for a treat!

Anyways, it came at a time when I wasn't happy nor feeling good with what was going on in life. I'm probably mysterious because I don't divulge a lot about my family. We all struggle so that wouldn't be news to anyone right? Well once I started reading, I realized that life wouldn't change by itself. I have to do the work if I want things to change in any, or every, aspect of life. I cried at parts of the book, I smiled at some. Parts left me feeling inspired to do and some parts left me feeling a little overwhelmed with emotion.

I'll admit that I've never though of looking for self-help books to help with a certain thing. I always thought "It'll figure itself out" or "I'll find some way to fix it later". But have you realize that sometimes "later" never comes? I'm a procrastinator sometimes so I would always put things off of what I can do tomorrow.  I'll forget about them or end up putting it off once again.

If I want things to happen or even this little blog to go far, I have to put in the work. I have to educate myself on things if I need to. I can't piggyback off others and think "Great idea! Maybe if I try the same thing, it'll work". It doesn't work like that and with this book, I have realized a lot about myself. And because of all of you, I have been able to review this book and learn what I need to make my life (as well as my family's) what it needs to be. I still have a little over 100 pages left to read, but it will probably get read tonight as the rest of the family sleeps.

So my question for you is: Have you ever read a book that changed your life?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Jen Singer's book, check out her website Mommasaid.net.

    She's a great author!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.