Check us out on social media!

Weekly Weigh In Week 2





Happy March, everyone! Sorry it's been a while. Things have been crazy!

This week's weigh in is a pretty exciting one! There's awesome news all around, and I couldn't wait to share it with you!

I woke up one morning to find the Twin had tagged me on something on Facebook. When I opened it, I noticed that it was for a local Police Memorial Run with the option of a 5K and a 10K. Obviously, I can't do the 10K but I knew immediately that I wanted to do the 5K. So by the end of the month, I will be registering to do my first 5K in May! 

I started training before I even registered because it would motivate me to do as much as I can before the big day. I'm so excited and proud to be participating in such an awesome event!

Now, for those numbers. *drum roll*

A look back at December's photo...

Last week (before training): 245lbs
Current weight: 250lbs
Gain: 5lbs

Now...


Why did I gain 5 pounds? To put it simply, I had bought a new car (after not having one for a while), and I had gotten so used to walking everywhere, that once errands started piling up, I had places to go all the time, so I didn't have much time to run like I used to. But now that I do have a car, I am able to start training like crazy!

Training hasn't been easy, but well worth it! I told my family that whether it was cold, hot, or raining, that I would try to get myself into shape so I can run more than I walk during the Police Memorial Run. 

For those that have done 5K runs, any advice for a first-timer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.