Mar 1, 2017

Weekly Weigh In Week 2





Happy March, everyone! Sorry it's been a while. Things have been crazy!

This week's weigh in is a pretty exciting one! There's awesome news all around, and I couldn't wait to share it with you!

I woke up one morning to find the Twin had tagged me on something on Facebook. When I opened it, I noticed that it was for a local Police Memorial Run with the option of a 5K and a 10K. Obviously, I can't do the 10K but I knew immediately that I wanted to do the 5K. So by the end of the month, I will be registering to do my first 5K in May! 

I started training before I even registered because it would motivate me to do as much as I can before the big day. I'm so excited and proud to be participating in such an awesome event!

Now, for those numbers. *drum roll*

A look back at December's photo...

Last week (before training): 245lbs
Current weight: 250lbs
Gain: 5lbs

Now...


Why did I gain 5 pounds? To put it simply, I had bought a new car (after not having one for a while), and I had gotten so used to walking everywhere, that once errands started piling up, I had places to go all the time, so I didn't have much time to run like I used to. But now that I do have a car, I am able to start training like crazy!

Training hasn't been easy, but well worth it! I told my family that whether it was cold, hot, or raining, that I would try to get myself into shape so I can run more than I walk during the Police Memorial Run. 

For those that have done 5K runs, any advice for a first-timer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.