Check us out on social media!

An easy Lemon Cheesecake


There are sometimes I crave cheesecake. My friend, who is training me for the 5K, often tells me that "Cheesecake isn't healthy. Too much fat. Too much sugar. Too much blah blah blah blah.". Seriously, never come between a girl and her cheesecake.

So the other day, I was on Facebook when I came across cheesecake bars. I hadn't had any sweets like chocolate or cake in so long, I was hoping someone had invented "instant food" where you click "Order" on a recipe and it magically shows up in your lap.

So I decided I would make cheesecake... It would be my very first cheesecake! But everyone makes cherry cheesecake. I've had it so many times, I wanted something with a little more zing and brightness, considering it's starting to feel a lot like Spring and early Summer here in Texas. I thought "How about lemons?".

So I went to Walmart, where I bought everything (including an itty-bitty grater that only cost me 98 cents). Well, almost everything. I had gotten home only to realized I had forgotten the most important part - lemons! But I had to wait a while to go back, which concluded with me driving home with 4 tiny lemons in the pouring rain.

So, you ready for a dessert that's not exactly diet-approved but is bright and yummy?



Lemon Cheesecake (with Blueberry & chocolate topping)

Ingredients
  • 1 9oz pre-baked graham cracker pie crust
  • 16oz cream cheese (I used Philadelphia.)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tspn lemon zest
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 2 tbsp blueberry pie/topping
  • 1 handful Hershey milk chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup milk
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat over to 350*.
  2. Beat cream cheese until creamy.
  3. Add flour, egg, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix until kind of thick, kind of like a custard.
  4. Pour into pie crust.
  5. Bake for 30 minutes or until middle is no longer jiggly.
  6. Set out to bring to room temperature. 

To make the topping:
  1. Place milk chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup of milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
  2. Remove bowl and stir until the chocolate becomes smooth. Drizzle or speckle across the top of the cheesecake.
  3. Place cheesecake in the fridge for 3 hours before serving, though overnight is better.
  4. Before serving, you can heat up the blueberry pie filling/topping or use it at room temperature.
  5. Spoon topping into the middle of the the cheesecake.
Considering it was my first cheesecake, it came out GREAT! 

What is your favorite kind of cheesecake?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.