Check us out on social media!

When You Have A Hormonal Imbalance


Women, in general, are sensitive creatures. We tend to feel emotions deeply. But if you start feeling EVERYTHING deeply all at once (and not just during your "monthly") and you feel like you have absolutely zero control over your emotions, it might be time to go see the doctor.

Back in July, I was sick for 2-3 weeks with back-to-back UTIs. I didn't know it at the time, but the stress from being sick for so long was causing a problem. After I THOUGHT I was healthy again, my moods were all over the place. Every little thing would set me off, make me so mad, I saw red, or make me cry buckets of tears, or I would get depressed I didn't think anything of it. I thought it was PMS.

As August came, I was under a lot more stress, which made my moods worse. It got so bad, I was either extremely angry with everyone or extremely depressed about life. There was no in-between. I couldn't control my emotions at all! I was only getting 2 hours of sleep a night, I had unintentionally lost weight, and I always seemed to be craving Butterfingers. I decided I had enough of the emotional roller coaster and went to the doctor.

I was diagnosed with a hormonal imbalance. The ongoing physical and mental stress was causing my hormones on every level to be out of whack. Because of this, I developed cysts on both ovaries, which didn't help matters. (Next week, I have to have an MRI to determine what kind they are.)

When you have a hormonal imbalance, it is important to ask questions. Research. Find out what you can do to make it easier to manage the mood swings. It is also important to help educate those closer to you. A hormonal imbalance doesn't go away overnight. They need to understand you may not always be able to control your emotions and that it's not personal. Find a supportive environment. You'll need it often.

Luckily for me, I have an understandingly patient support circle. Without them, I feel I would go absolutely insane - literally and figuratively!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.