Check us out on social media!

Weightloss Update: Ho Ho NO (+Snack Ideas)

If only it were that easy, right? But it isn't and I don't know about you, but it seems harder to lose weight during the holidays than at any other time. The temptation is too strong, and you're too busy to actually work out or exercise.

So how am I doing this holiday season? I guess you could say that I haven't gained any weight nor have I lost much. I could come up with excuses like I was sick, I've been busy, or that I was too stressed to think about exercising. While all those are true, it's not the real reason. The actual excuse is that I wasn't motivated and really didn't care for about a week or two. I didn't eat a lot (maybe twice a day), but I didn't want to exercise so I figured I would make up for it but now that Christmas and New Years are so close, I realize the error of my thinking. Maybe I can find the motivation to exercise, even through the delicious days, mostly known as Christmas and New Years.

If you're looking to limit your eating this holiday season, here are 5 of my favorite sure-fire snacks that help curb my appetite and keep me away from the food table. (These ideas MAY contain nuts or any other allergen. Take proper precaution.)
Yogurt with oats and fruits makes a great snack!

  • Sunflower seed kernels make for great on-the-go snacking! The fill you up and are full of fiber and protein. I usually buy Dakota Style Sunflower Kernels, Honey Roasted from Amazon. Almonds are also known to help you curb that craving and keep you full.
  • Apples are not only healthy and handy, they will fill you up. Eat some slices with some peanut butter (another food that will keep you full), you shouldn't feel hungry for a few hours or more. 
  • Yogurt that have probiotics (like Activia) will fill you up and make your taste buds happy. They tend to be a bit pricey, but well worth it. 
  • Other fruits like carrots and celery aren't very tasty (unless you dip them in something but because they have a lot of fiber and water, they will help curb your appetite so you won't be tempted to eat as much.
  • If you're out of time and can't grab a snack, drink some water. It's no secret that water fills you up so when you're feeling peckish, grab a bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.