Check us out on social media!

#womenslives do matter!


I have partnered up with BlogHer and PRI in the #womenslives initiative, which is meant to talk about issues important to women everywhere - not just in the United States.

When I found out I would be working with the #womenslives program, I really wasn't sure how I felt. If you ask anyone I know, they will tell you that I rarely talk about my inner feminista. But I am excited to talk about women's issues because as a woman, it's important to know what is plaguing other women all around the world and reach out a helping hand.

So why does women's lives matter? Believe it or not, there is still some gender inequality being shown around the world. According to a study, only 24% of the news media talks about women's issues and only 6% mention gender equality. We are also the face of most domestic abuse cases. Believe it or not, South Africa has the highest incidents of domestic violence with about approximately 200,000 adult women are reported as being attacked in South Africa every year. Think about that - 200,000 women are having their lives changed forever because of domestic violence. How can we solve this problem?

There are so many different issues women face every day, and the @womenslives initiative is meant to bring those issues to light and perhaps find a solution to some of them.

As a woman, what issues are important to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.