Check us out on social media!

Weight Loss Journey: Healthy Snacking


It is time for yet another weight loss update! This time around, I am VERY proud of myself! The last time I posted an update, the holidays had just begun and I wasn't really losing any weight. I wasn't gaining but not losing any weight either. I tried to limit my salt intake, which wasn't hard for me. I tried to limit my sugar intake, but failed miserably. What can I say - I like chocolate, especially a hollow Lindt Santa (which are so good!).

Now that the holidays were finally over, I decided to up the ante by running at least 20 minutes every day. It's hard when it's cold outside, so even if it was just running in place for 5 minutes, it all added up. But I still lost more weight! I also decided to sort of pick up healthy snacking. I don't snack very often, only because I don't eat much anymore. But every now and then, I would have a craving for something crunchy or just needed a little pick-me-up. So I went in search of healthy -but affordable - snackables.
A ZonePerfect bar I reviewed back in 2012.

If I decide to skip lunch, which I sometimes do, I will grab a LARABAR or ZonePerfect bar. Both have plenty of protein to keep me full until my next meal. To feed my chip craving, I still enjoy munching on any flavors from The Better Chip. Not exactly healthy, but a lot better than Cheetos. For that sweet tooth, I have to admit, that I don't exactly snack healthy when it comes to that. We have sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies in the fridge, and sometimes when I am getting some tea, I find myself sneaking one or two. The real test is when we bake Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate brownies next month for Valentine's Day.

To recap: I have lost more weight. I have picked up healthy snacking - somewhat. Cookies aren't a healthy snack. Those Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate brownies for Valentine's Day may be my downfall.

What's for lunch?



2 comments:

  1. Your weight loss journey is an inspiration to us all. Putting it all out there, your on weaknesses, for others to judge. Thank you, it has touched me in an inspirational way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouida,

      I cannot thank you enough for your comment! Even though I never intended to be a place of inspiration, to know that I did inspire one person just makes me day. Thank you! :)

      Delete

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.