A month or so ago, I decided to quit blogging due to personal reasons. I went as far as to get rid of my e-mail subscriber list and Facebook, since I thought I wasn't coming back. Well, I learned that removing some of my blog's social media profiles was a mistake. I now have to start from the bottom and regain the following I once had. So, how does one start from scratch once you have decided to go back to blogging?
- Be patient. You won't regain all of your followers overnight. It may takes days, weeks, or even months.
- If you still have some of your blog's social media profiles, let your followers know that you are back and would appreciate it if they joined you!
- Ask your fellow bloggers to help you promote your new blog posts. Be sure to reciprocate, promoting their posts as well.
- Be persistent. Even the best laid plans can fall apart. But keep trying to gain your readership back. If you need a refresher, feel free to read Gaining Readership from our Blogging 101 course.
- If your family knows you blogged, let them know that you are back to blogging. If you create a Facebook page for your blog, invite them to like your page.
- Be sure to keep it simple for right now. Don't overwhelm yourself with trying to do everything you once did in a day. Not only will you start feeling stressed, you could also wear yourself out trying to do everything. Start slowly and work your way up.
- Know that you're not alone. Bloggers take breaks all that time, so they don't feel burned out and when they come back, they usually have to work hard to get their numbers back.
Starting from the bottom of the blog barrel after a vacation is never easy, but with a little patience (and a small prayer), you can probably get back to normal within a few months!