Check us out on social media!

Weight Loss Journey: Stepping It Up

Adding steps to your day can help with weight loss!
Photo Credit
A few weeks ago, I decided to open up my struggle against weight loss. It was a difficult decision, but I am so glad I did. I no longer feel like I am hiding anything anymore. I also promised that I would keep you updated.

While I haven't weighed myself since the last time I was in the emergency room for an painful inflamed rib cage, I can tell that I have lost quite a bit of weight since then. Clothes are fitting better (besides those days every woman dreads- bloating), and my arthritis doesn't bother me like it used to. One major thing I have added to my day is more steps and making the most of those steps. Instead of just walking to our detached garage to do laundry or bring in the laundry, I am sort of jogging to the garage. Going outside to get the mail or water the flowers? Yep, sort of jogging outside. If the weather isn't cooperating or I don't have to do laundry, I jog in place for about 5 minutes every hour. Not only does it get the blood flowing and my heart beating, it actually helps with water retention and suppresses my appetite.

It may seem silly to be jogging to the kitchen before I start dinner or to get the mail, but another thing I knew I had to do to lost weight was add more steps into my day. Sure, I can jog around the neighborhood, but let's just say that I would rather not. So if I can find little ways to add more steps to my day, I will do it.

Even if you don't want to run to the mailbox, just find different ways to add those steps into your day. If it means walking to the television to turn the channel when you can't find the remote, then feel free to do it. Your heart will thank you!

By the way, I want to thank everyone for being along with me as I try to lose weight. Every woman can use a support group!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.