Check us out on social media!

My Personal Journey to Weightloss

By Angelsharum (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0], via Wikimedia Commons

Weight has always been a sensitive issue for me, as I'm sure it is for most women. This year, I vowed once and for all to lose some weight, keep it off, and get healthier. I didn't have a set plan, since whenever I plan, things go much more differently than I expected. But I knew I wanted to lose weight and get healthier.

It has taken me 2 months to figure it out, but I am finally starting to lose the weight. I have more energy and have noticed that my arthritis doesn't bother much as much as it did. Yes, I have arthritis- in my right hip and knee. One is from a fall and the other one is from an accident.

But since I know some of you may struggle with weight (and I know exactly how you feel), I wanted to share my personal journey and tips!

One thing I noticed was that I was clearing my plate, even if I didn't go back for seconds. Then about 30 minutes later, I would be so full I felt sick. Now, I don't each a lot during the day- just 3 meals and maybe a snack. But when you're going 4-5 hours without eating in between meals, you can get hungry. When it comes time to sit down and have dinner, you feel ravenous enough to eat everything that was on the plate. Of course, you later regret it. So instead of clearing my plate, I listened to my body. If I look at something on my plate and it just seems like there is more than you remember, that is when I realize I am full. As of now, the only meals I can finish completely is breakfast. I also have little snacks through out the day, such as some crackers or a small bag of FiberOne Fruit Flavored Snacks. They are soooo delicious!

Another thing I use daily is something called Zhena's Gypsy Slim Me tea. I love herbal tea, and actually won 4 canisters in a giveaway. I am a little skeptical when it comes to things like that, but I have to say, it actually works! It cleanses me (I won't go into details!), my digestion issues are better, and it gives me a little more energy that I usually would have. 1 bottle a day of a different flavor, and I am good to go.

It may not seem like a lot of helpful tips, and it probably isn't, but don't you fret- I wouldn't let you in on my journey only the close the curtain during the first act! I promise to share me ups, downs, triumphs, and tribulations through this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.