Check us out on social media!

#Fellowes can help protect your identity! #IDSafetySeason

#spon: I'm required to disclose a relationship between our site and Fellowes. This could include the Fellowes providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.

Last month, we covered the basics of the Fellowes 73Ci Shredder, along with ways to protect your identity during the Holiday season. In light of the Target hacking issue, we decided to let you know exactly what we thought of it!

The stylish 73Ci is great for gadget lovers, like Dad, because it features a sleek design and several advanced technologies such as:
  • SafeSense Technology which automatically stops shredding when hands touch the paper opening
  • 100% Jam-Proof System that eliminates paper jams and powers through tough jobs
  • A proprietary Energy Savings System that maximizes shredder energy savings 100% of the time – both in use and out of use
  • Capacitive touch screen controls
  • Heavy-duty Cross-Cut blades that destroy 12 sheets of paper into 397 particles per sheet, making it extremely difficult to reassemble 
  • The 73Ci is available at office superstores and their online counterparts for a suggested retail price of $199.99.
WHAT WE THOUGHT

Having tried the shredder myself, I must say that I feel a lot safer! I would normally just tear the papers into as many tiny bits as possible, but when you are throwing away more than 5 sheets, it can get tedious. So all I have to do is plug it in, turn it on, and put the sheets through. In less than 1 second, they are shredded and there is no way anyone could put them back together!

Since I do have a kitty, I would normally worry if she jumped on top of the shredder. But with SafeSense, it would automatically stop, and even show a hand symbol to let me know that the cat was sitting on the shredder. After a firm no and moving said cat, it would resume shredding.

Another thing I love? It shreds credit cards! I have a couple of expired cards and wouldn't feel comfortable just cutting them. Into the shredder it goes!

It feel a lot safer for my identity as well as my family's identities now we have the Fellowes' 73Ci!


3 comments:

  1. I'm guilty of ripping paper into bits too when I know I should be shredding it. I've been nervous having a small one at the house, but this one looks safe. And quiet. I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my shredder. And the safe sensor makes it so much better for moms who are always worried about little fingers going where they should not. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could go for a really good shredder. Though ours has been quite reliable. This just looks neater.

    ReplyDelete

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.