With "the most wonderful time of the year" just behind us, moms were busy planning and purchasing the sweetest part of the holidays. Stockings were filled with candy and unique sweet treats that only moms have an eye for- and all within their budget! One thing that graced stockings was Nestle Seasonal Confections' newest holiday collection.
This year, Nestle offers something new for everyone on your list, including a large variety of fun and innovative items including the all new one-of-its-kind PIXY STIX Powder-Filled Candy canes, the larger-than-life Nestle Crunch 1lb. Candy Bar, and colorfully delicious Wonka and Chocolate Stocking Stuffer Tins.
Even though Christmas has come and gone, our family continues making and baking delicious treats to keep us in the wonderful holiday (Since New Years is a holiday, ya know!) spirit! So when I found out I would be getting to try Wonka Original Spree Candy Canes and a Nestle SweetTarts Stocking Stuffer Tin, I knew I wanted to try the SweetTarts in a recipe. The candy canes, unfortunately, did not make it into a photo. Before I had to chance, we had a slew of friends and family come over to help us decorate and work on the van. Since apparently I am friends with candy cane lovers, they pretty much munched on them all day long. I did have one, however, and they were delicious! It was like eating Spree in the shape of a candy cane. Weird, I know, but still yummy.
The recipe is a modified popcorn ball recipe. We either didn't have enough marshmallows or too much butter. So we decided to make it into a popcorn mix instead of popcorn balls. It was a big hit among everyone.
SweetTarts Popcorn Mix
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes (or more, depending on your microwave)
Total time: 15 minutes, plus 12 hours for set time
- 1 1/2 cup SweetTarts candy, chopped
- 2 bags popped popcorn (plain)
- 1/2 lb mini-marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or vanilla extract)
- Pop 2 bags of popcorn and pour bags into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a microwaveable bowl. Add the marshmallows and stir frequently until they fully melt. Add maple syrup and stir until it is completely mixed in.
- Drizzle butter/marshmallow/syrup mix into bowl over popcorn. Let it stand for a few seconds. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of chopped Nestle SweetTarts candies over popcorn
- Mix with your hands or a spatula until the popcorn is completely covered and candy is mixed in.
- Pour popcorn into a pan lined with parchment or wax paper. Flatten popcorn (but not hard enough to crush it. Otherwise, what would be the point?), making sure it is even.
- Put pan into the fridge overnight to set. Take pan out after at least 12 hours and break into pieces or put into festive bags!