Check us out on social media!

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014!

As 2013 draws to a close, I thought it might be fitting to take a step back and look at how 2013 changed our lives forever.

If you remember, 2013 started with me in the hospital for 4 days with a staph infection and the flu. We should have known that it was an omen to how the year would turn out. Fast-forward a few months later, and my Dad lost his job in April. For about a month or so, we were without any income. We went to food banks and asked family and friends if they could help. Luckily, Dad found 2 jobs while I worked as hard as I could to earn what I could make for my family.

Sometime this past Summer, Mom ended up in the hospital. Even though they couldn't figure out what was wrong, it was then we all decided to start eating just a little better. In November, we started having car issues until the first week of December, our car died and we haven't gotten it fixed yet. We're waiting for a friend of a friend to come back and fix it. To be honest, we have no idea what could be wrong with it. We hope it is something minor.

Anyway, we grew super close as a family, and if we hadn't worked all of this out together, who knows where we would be now.

Since 2013 was such a very bad year for us, I have a feeling that 2014 will bring about bigger and more positive changes. In fact, I have a lot of things planned for 2014. Some of them do include Edge of Insanity, but a majority of them include taking care of myself, for once. I want to start school and get a degree in marketing. I would like to get healthier and eventually take up yoga. I want to quit smoking, and start eating more leafy green and less cheese. I want to have a relationship, because I truly believe I am ready, but that's at the basement of the list. One thing I would love to start doing is crafting more and maybe learn to make jewelry. I need a creative outlet that won't stress me out as much.

Before you think I've forgotten about you, don't worry- I have plenty of things in store for Edge of Insanity, including a way to give back to families all year long. I can't tell you what it is yet, but I can tell you that it might just inspire you to pay it forward.

If we work hard on it, we can make 2014 a year we will never forget!

What are your plans for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.