In honor of America’s birthday and National Hot Dog Month, you can also try these recipes visit www.frenchs.com for additional recipes. for your next hot dog dinner.
HOT DOG BURRITOS
A quick, easy meal for back-to-school days. To serve for lunch, spoon bean mixture into Thermos®-style containers. Great for serving at picnics, too!
Prep Time: 5 min. Cook Time: 5 min.
1 (16 oz.) can baked beans
8 frankfurters, sliced
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tbsp. FRENCH’S® Classic Yellow® Mustard
2 tbsp. brown sugar
8 (8 inch) flour tortillas, heated
1. COMBINE beans, sliced frankfurters, ketchup, mustard and sugar in medium saucepan. Simmer about 5 min. to heat through.
2. SPOON mixture into tortillas, dividing evenly. Roll up jelly-roll style.
Makes 8 servings.
Tip: Try topping dogs with FRENCH’S® French Fried Onions before rolling up!
GERMAN POTATO SALAD WITH GRILLED SAUSAGE
Grill sausage at your next barbecue and add to potato salad just before serving. Ideal for tailgating parties.
Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 15 min.
2/3 cup prepared vinaigrette salad dressing
1/3 cup FRENCH’S® Spicy Brown Mustard or FRENCH’S® Horseradish Mustard
1 tbsp. sugar
1 ½ lbs. red or boiling-type potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped celery
½ cup chopped onion
½ lb. kielbasa or smoked sausage, split lengthwise
1. MIX salad dressing, mustard and sugar in large bowl; set aside.
2. COOK potatoes in boiling salted water to cover for 10 to 15 min. until potatoes are tender. Drain and transfer to bowl. Add bell pepper, celery and onion; set aside.
3. Grill sausage over medium-high heat until lightly browned and heated through. Cut into small cubes. Add to bowl with potatoes. Toss well to coat evenly. Serve warm.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
I was NOT compensated for this post. I received this information from French's in honor of National Hot Dog Month.