Check us out on social media!

Goals vs Resolutions- What I want to achieve!


First off, Happy New Year to everyone! 2012 was okay, but I have a feeling that 2013 will be even better!

So, every year I try to make "goals", instead of resolutions. Before setting goals, I would make resolutions like I'm going to lose weight or to become better organized. We start off with great intentions of seeing each of those resolutions through. But then life happens- emergencies, stress, or that unexpected thing that makes you forget all about your resolutions.

So a couple of years ago, I decided on setting goals. I have a better chance of checking the goals off the list because they are more realistic and detailed than "I resolve to lose weight". If I want to lose a few pounds or get healthy, I write down exactly how much weight I want to lose or how I plan to get healthy. But I also take financial things into play when it comes to goals so I know if it will be feasible.

So what's the different between goals and resolutions? I think it depends on the person making them. For me, once you a achieve a goal, you want to keep going. But with resolutions, if they're not specific, you have no idea where to start or where it will end.

What are some of my personal goals?

1. Lose weight and get healthy. I have a semi-detailed plan of how I want to achieve this goal. I want to be healthier so I can take better care of Mom.
2. Take time to relax for at least 30 minutes a day (even if that includes a nap!). Since I help take care of Mom, I'm always running around, doing something. So I want to relax and recharge my batteries to continue the day and continue keeping an eye on Mom. Let's hope stress doesn't sabotage that!
3. Become better organized with ideas and DIY projects. Money is tight and I am an unorganized person so I actually found some organization ideas and DIY projects online that will help me become better organized in 2013.
4. Redecorate the bedroom (finally!). Ever since we moved in 11 years ago, the master bedroom has not had a theme. It's gone through different phases and just a hodge podge of different decor. So I have vowed that I will find a way to redecorate the bedroom this year, even if it means re-purposing and repainting stuff.

That's just some of my goals I want to achieve this year and while some of it may be hard, I think with family, it can be possible.

What are some of your "goals" this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.