Check us out on social media!

Welch's Filled Licorice Review



Candy is a great snack when you just want some sweet and bad for your teeth. You can have chocolate, but I prefer chocolate when the mood hits me. Or you can try something totally new!


Frankford Candy has partnered with Welch’s to develop an delicious new entry into the rapidly growing licorice category. By adding a jelly-filling inside a juicy-flavored licorice, Frankford has created a new licorice experience with the introduction of Welch’s ® Filled Licorice!



Welch’s Filled Licorice combines a soft licorice outside with a flavorful filling inside.  The unique jelly filling is made with real fruit juice and fruit pectin to deliver real fruit flavors. This new one-of-a-kind licorice treat is a blend of soft and chewy textures with a bold, real fruit filling. 


Frankford Candy was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1947 as a manufacturer of seasonal chocolate products. In 1994 Frankford Candy began expanding its brand portfolio through licensing partnerships, expanding beyond chocolate into a broad range of everyday and seasonal confections.


Welch’s Filled Licorice is available in Concord Grape and Strawberry flavors.  It is offered in 1.75 oz (SRP $1.09) and 3.5oz (SRP $1.59).


You can find Welch’s on Facebook and Twitter.


BUY
You can purchase Welch’s Filled Licorice mass market retailers, grocery, convenience and non-food retailers in America.


WHAT I THOUGHT
I am not afraid to admit that I love candy. I have a major sweet tooth, and I love licorice so I was happy to try out the new Welch’s Filled Licorice. I even shared it with Twin!


The Strawberry was filled with tons of strawberry flavor! It was a little bit on the sweet side. But it was good and I couldn’t believe the amount of flavor that was packed into that tiny “straw”!


The Concord Grape had that distinct “grapey” flavor. It wasn’t as sweet or soft as the Strawberry, which I liked because it had the perfect amount of sweetness.


These are so much fun to eat for kids and adults alike. But I will say that in the Summertime, it is best to let them hang out in the fridge for a while before eating because that will melt a little. What Twin and I liked doing was sucking out the jelly-like filling first before consuming the “straw” part.


They're excellent!


I was NOT compensated for this review. I received FREE samples to review. All thoughts/opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.