Check us out on social media!

A Wonderful Surprise!

It's not often that I get to share good news from the family. But lately, I have been working my butt off. Mom & Twin haven't been feeling well so I have been helping Dad with errands, the accident, and other things, including waking up before the sun rises so I'm ready.

I never expected anything in return. But as we were going out to lunch earlier, Mom told Twin & Dad that when we get to Dollar General, go ahead and choose me out a gift/present for everything I had done. I have no clue what they were gonna choose. As Mom got back in the car from checking out, she hands me a $25 Amazon gift card. I wanted to cry and didn't want to accept it. But I knew it would hurt their feelings if I didn't, so I graciously accepted it.

Of course, once we got home, I had to spend it. I had a book in mind that I wanted to get, but also wanted something else so I ended up getting a pillar candle. It only cost me $25.17, with free shipping. Sure, it didn't last long, but it got spent well.

I feel bad because they didn't have to get it for me, and to be honest, I'm not used to this kind of thing, unless it's a special occasion (like a birthday or Easter). It still feels weird, knowing that I had to spend it on myself, no matter how many times I tried to argue with them.

How do you accept gifts like that without wanting to pay them back?

3 comments:

  1. That's really cool,you deserve it! Whenever i give gifts to people,knowing that they enjoyed it is pay back enough.Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grace and and humbleness is more than enough. When you get finished reading the book share it with them that is if it is of their taste.

    Blessings to You and Yours
    Patricia aka Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am learning that accepting a gift is as wonderful as giving it. Imagine you get a gift for someone and they humbly decline... it would steal some of your joy! Take it with relish and many thanks, they wanted you to indulge you a bit. That's a gift in itself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.