Check us out on social media!

Tortuga Rum Cake Review



When you first hear the word “rum”, you think of Johnny Depp on an island with Keira Knightly, drinking rum. But did you know that rum desserts such as rum balls are actually delicious? While I've had rum balls, I've never had rum cake!
Chocolate

Tortuga Rum Cakes has Caribbean rum cakes and other decadent treats.  Made from a four-generation old family secret recipe, Tortuga rum cakes are baked daily in the Caribbean with a special oak-barrel aged Tortuga gold rum. Besides rum cakes, Tortuga also offers rum fudge, coffee, and even special gifts

They are mostly known for their delicious rum cakes, with flavors like Pineapple, Chocolate, and even Blue Mountain Coffee. But it doesn't stop at just their many flavors! You can also get them in various sizes such as 33oz, 16oz, and even 4oz packs! 

Mango & Ginger
If you’re looking to try some of their rum fudge, you have your choice of Florida Rum Fudge or Tortuga Rum Fudge! Florida Rum Fudge has flavors such as Banana, and Coconut while Tortuga Rum Fudge has Coconut and, Banana, and original Rum fudge. If you like Rum Truffles, why not get some of their Chocolate Hazelnut Rum Truffles? It has Tortuga Dark Rum and orange essence in it!

If you want something a little more interesting, they have Tortuga Gourmet Sauces! They have Hell-fire Hot Pepper Sauce, Jerk Sauce, and even Mango & Ginger Stir Fry Sauce! I don’t think they include any Tortuga rum (sorry) but it should make for interesting dishes!

They have more products available, which even includes Tortuga Rum Conch Chowder! I've never had Conch before but Conch Chowder sounds delicious!

You can find Tortuga Rum Cake Co on Twitter and Facebook.

BUY
Prices vary.

WHAT I THOUGHT
As I've said before, I've never had rum cake but I have heard so many great things about Tortuga that I had to try them. I was able to try a 4oz rum cake of their Original Golden (With Walnuts) and a 4oz rum cake of Coconut. 
Original Golden (W/ Walnuts)


Coconut
I loved the Original Golden (With Walnuts)! It was so moist and sweet. You can definitely taste the rum in there but it wasn't overbearing. There weren't a lot of walnuts either, which is great because otherwise the walnut flavor would have overpowered the rum flavor. I shared half of it with Twin and she loved it just as much as I did!

The Coconut was just as delicious! You could taste the coconut without it being too much. I shared it with Mom and Twin this time and Mom had wished we had more! I have to agree. It was sooooooo good and addicting! Like the first one, it was so moist and sweet. It wasn't dry at all and you could just taste the rum and the coconut in a nice combination! They didn't last 30 minutes between the 3 of us!


I was NOT compensated for this review. I received two (2) FREE 4oz rum cakes from Tortuga Rum Cake Co to review. All thoughts/opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.