Dec 7, 2011

Just like Christmas!



Last night, as Twin was checking her e-mail, she noticed a notification from UPS regarding her shipment of a review item. She mentioned to me that it was delivered at 6:45pm (or somewhere around there) to the front door. Since she wasn't feeling well, I volunteered to go into the below freezing temperatures to get it.

As I opened the door, I noticed 3 packages waiting for me. I let out a chuckle because there was a big box, medium box, and small box. Kind of like how you would see presents stacked on TV. Well, except for the wrapping paper, bows, and gift tags. But as I picked them up, I said out loud "We have gifts waiting for us!". I walked back into the house and Mom said "You weren't lying! What are they?". I had no clue, so that's what I told her.

As I got to the bedroom door, I said the same thing of "We had gifts waiting for us!". The eyes on Twin when I walked into the bedroom... priceless! Her eyes got as big as a kid's on Christmas morning when they realize Santa brought them an XBOX Kinect. Unfortunately, only 1 was for her and it was the smallest. I can't tell you what it was because it's a review item. But the other 2 were the ELF 5-piece nail polish set and a book to review. I immediately opened the nail polish set and got to work cleaning the black nail polish off my nails.

For some reason, I now have an obsession with nail polish. Before the set, I only had 1 bottle of black. But I couldn't see myself spending $8 on a bottle so I waited until I could find a deal. Boy did I! Even Twin used the nail polish. She chose the Royal Purple, which looks so good on her! I wanted something festive so I decided upon the Metal Madness (which is a little glittery to begin with) and then a thin layer of Golden Goddess for that shimmery-look. Considering its the Holidays and our birthday next week, I am so ready! The only thing that threw me off was the thickness of the nail polish. I am used to the thinness of $1 nail polishes so it takes some getting used to. I think I added about an inch of nail polish. LOL

Then today, I am expecting Twin's Christmas gift, Mom's, and a new camera we desperately needed. After that, I should be getting Dad's Christmas gift and Twin's birthday gift. It's like Christmas, when you open the door and see oodles of boxes waiting to be opened!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.