Check us out on social media!

"Clever and funny" - Smurfs: The Lost Village


I grew up watching the Smurfs and wanted to sort of relive my childhood so when I received 2 tickets myself, I took me and the Twin to go see it. (I had seen Moana with a friend in January. That's a long story best saved for another day. But because of that, seeing kids movies isn't anything new to me.)

I used Fandango for the first time, which I am now obsessed with, and went a few minutes early just in case of traffic, long lines, or I missed my exit, because you never know on a Friday night!

I found the perfect seat under the project, and sat my butt down until the movie started.

It opens with a tiny introduction to the main movie Smurfs, along with a few others - Clumsy, Brainy, Hefty, and Smurfette. As Brainy tests out a new gadget to see what kind of Smurf a Smurf is, Smurfette wants to try it out as she can't seem to find her niche in the Smurf world. But something goes horribly wrong, and as they try to relax with Smurffing (Smurf surfing), Brainy, Clumsy, Hefty, and Smurfette come across something that changes their whole lives. Have they discovered a new village? Have they discovered a new species of Smurfs?


Of course, Gargamel and Azrael have more evil plans for the Smurfs, and when they find out what the Smurfs stumble upon, Gargamel uses Smurfette's original design (because we all know she was made out of clay by Gargamel) to get her to do his evil bidding and bring him to this new piece of information the Smurfs have discovered.

As Brainy, Clumsy, Hefty, and Smurfette travel to this new land, they encounter new insects, animals, and eventually, find out what this lost village is and Smurfette finds out who she truly is.



It was a wonderful movie filled with lessons kids and even adults will find useful and it was pretty funny. (Who doesn't love a sarcastic cat named Azrael?) What I found clever was that it actually had some sarcasm, which children might not pick up on, but adults will!

The ending is amazing! All of the Smurfs and Smurfettes come together for one purpose - Smurfette.

There were lots of kids on opening night and they all seemed to enjoy it, as I heard their laughs echo through the the theater. Parents will enjoy it because not only is it a cute movie and their kids will love it, they'll feel nostalgic as they watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.