Feb 19, 2016

#HelixEpisode1 is quite the thriller! {Review}

I was NOT compensated for this post. I received an advanced reading copy to facilitate this review. All thoughts/opinions are my own. Your experience may differ.



Author: Nathan M. Farrugia

Published: May 2016

ASIN: B019EP4P6Q

7.5/10


DESCRIPTION:
To most, she is an ordinary girl from post-Soviet Russia. But to the covert agency that recruits her she is something much more. The agency is a collector of genetic anomalies; forging gifted children into their most deadly weapon: the black operative.

Ten years later, Olesya leads a team of hunters on a dangerous assignment. Her targets are elusive, genetically enhanced and unstoppable. From the bio-clinics of Brazil to the arctic borderlands of Kaliningrad, from the catacombs of Lithuania to the citadel of occupied Prague, Olesya is at the heart of a war against a powerful, malevolent organization that wants total control.

But as operatives and hunters start to vanish, Olesya discovers they aren’t the only players in this deadly game …

WHAT I THOUGHT:
Can you tell the difference between what your brain sees and what is reality? If you're part of a covert agency, it's not always easy. Olesya, an extraordinarily gifted child, is force to become an operative hungry. After many team members start to vanish during a dangerous and important mission, she must stay alive while over-coming her own battle with reality.

I'll admit that I have never read any other novels by Farrugia. But after reading Helix Episode 1, I might have to check out other books by this author.

This book is quite the thriller! I loved the humor (it had me laughing through the witty dialogue), the description of all the armory, and I absolutely loved the science lingo. It reminded me of other thriller authors like James Rollins. It even had an awesome Doctor Who reference! (Yes, I am a Whovian. No, I am not ashamed.)

Some of the action scenes to be a bit detailed, but it was still equally exciting. It does go back and forth between people and year, making the story seem a bit disjointed, but as someone who is used to reading books happening in the now, I looked past it and couldn't put it down for hours. (Well, until I had to.)

It's a cliff-hanger with another sequel coming, and I can't wait!

BUY
It is available on Amazon Kindle for $2.99.

Be sure to follow Nathan M. Farrugia on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.