Check us out on social media!

#HelixEpisode1 is quite the thriller! {Review}

I was NOT compensated for this post. I received an advanced reading copy to facilitate this review. All thoughts/opinions are my own. Your experience may differ.



Author: Nathan M. Farrugia

Published: May 2016

ASIN: B019EP4P6Q

7.5/10


DESCRIPTION:
To most, she is an ordinary girl from post-Soviet Russia. But to the covert agency that recruits her she is something much more. The agency is a collector of genetic anomalies; forging gifted children into their most deadly weapon: the black operative.

Ten years later, Olesya leads a team of hunters on a dangerous assignment. Her targets are elusive, genetically enhanced and unstoppable. From the bio-clinics of Brazil to the arctic borderlands of Kaliningrad, from the catacombs of Lithuania to the citadel of occupied Prague, Olesya is at the heart of a war against a powerful, malevolent organization that wants total control.

But as operatives and hunters start to vanish, Olesya discovers they aren’t the only players in this deadly game …

WHAT I THOUGHT:
Can you tell the difference between what your brain sees and what is reality? If you're part of a covert agency, it's not always easy. Olesya, an extraordinarily gifted child, is force to become an operative hungry. After many team members start to vanish during a dangerous and important mission, she must stay alive while over-coming her own battle with reality.

I'll admit that I have never read any other novels by Farrugia. But after reading Helix Episode 1, I might have to check out other books by this author.

This book is quite the thriller! I loved the humor (it had me laughing through the witty dialogue), the description of all the armory, and I absolutely loved the science lingo. It reminded me of other thriller authors like James Rollins. It even had an awesome Doctor Who reference! (Yes, I am a Whovian. No, I am not ashamed.)

Some of the action scenes to be a bit detailed, but it was still equally exciting. It does go back and forth between people and year, making the story seem a bit disjointed, but as someone who is used to reading books happening in the now, I looked past it and couldn't put it down for hours. (Well, until I had to.)

It's a cliff-hanger with another sequel coming, and I can't wait!

BUY
It is available on Amazon Kindle for $2.99.

Be sure to follow Nathan M. Farrugia on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.