Check us out on social media!

Beauty Tip: Get healthier hair with coconut oil!

coconut oil

Having healthy hair is something all women want to have. Not only does healthy hair make us look better, but it can also make us feel better and give us more confidence.


Let me tell you a story. About a year ago, I dyed my hair black. I didn't know I was allergic to hair dye until I ended up in the emergency room with a swollen face and blisters all over my head, neck, and ears. After my allergic reaction went away, I noticed that my hair was thinning and I was losing hair. I knew it was because of my allergic reaction. It had pretty much fried my hair, including my scalp. I was scared, thinking that my hair would never go back to being as healthy and shiny as it once way. Thanks to a friend on Facebook, I learned that using coconut oil can actually restore my hair.

Before you start thinking, "Why would I want to use something I cook with?", just know that within a month, I noticed a MAJOR difference in my hair. It started looking and feeling like hair should! ALLERGY ALERT: DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO COCONUT OIL OR ITS INGREDIENTS!

How-To Use Coconut Oil for Healthy Hair

You will need the following items:

  • Coconut Oil (It must be in solid form. Liquid coconut oil is a pain to work with. It's all drippy, and not very fun.)
  • A hot towel (Fresh from the dryer, preferably.)
  • A washcloth (So you don't get oil on everything you touch.)
  • An old shirt & pants (It DOES stain clothing, so you might want to set aside a pair of pants and a shirt just for this.)
Directions
  1. Slather the coconut oil all over your scalp, front to back and side to side. Pay attention to your roots. For extra volume, slather it all over your hair too. If you have long hair, you might want to do this standing over the tub or sink. 
  2. Wrap the hot towel around your head. 
  3. Leave in for 30 minutes.
  4. Wash your hair TWICE using your favorite shampoo. Be sure to rinse after first shampoo. Shampooing your hair once will not get all of the coconut oil out, leaving your hair with a greasy feeling. 
  5. Use your favorite conditioner. Leave in for 5-10 minutes. Rinse.
  6. Let your hair air dry, as some coconut oil residue may still remain. A hair dryer may burn the coconut oil.
For maximum results, use once a day or at least 3-4 times a week. Note: This may not work for all hair types. 

I love how my hair feels after using coconut oil, My hair has never been healthier!

What is your go-to product for getting healthy hair?

1 comment:

  1. I love coconut oil! It works great not only for hair, as you mentioned, but for many other things around the house.

    ReplyDelete

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.