Check us out on social media!

When Your Aunt Has Breast Cancer

UPDATE (7/2): I found out some more information. Luckily, it was caught early, it seems, because the tumor is only 2cm and she will be having a lumpectomy on July 7th. Her doctors are optimistic, but when dealing with breast cancer, nothing is 100% certain so she can still use the prayers!

UPDATE (7/16): We have another update, and this one isn't so happy. The pathology reports came back from the lumpectomy, and she has Stage 2 breast cancer. However, the light at the end of the tunnel is that Stage 2 generally responds well to treatment, including chemotherapy.

Yesterday, I received news that my aunt has breast cancer. I don't know what stage or what prompted her to go see the doctor in the first place. All I know is that she has breast cancer. (I plan on finding out more.)

When you find out that your aunt has breast cancer, you're kind of in shock at first. But after the initial emotion wears off, you come to accept that she has cancer and there's nothing you can do but be there for her. You also become an advocate for breast cancer awareness. Visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation to learn how you can help.

While this isn't the first time that the whole clan (relatives and all) has had to deal with cancer, it certainly doesn't make it any easier.

My aunt is a strong woman, and I know she can fight this. But she can certainly use all the prayers she can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.