Check us out on social media!

Madonna is back with #RebelHeart! #O2O

I participated in the Madonna Rebel Heart album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.


Her 13th studio album, Madonna's Rebel Heart features the iconic star with powerful beats and melodies that is meant to your butt moving! “Rebel Heart explores two very distinct sides of my personality, the rebellious renegade side of me and the romantic side of me” commented Madonna recently in Billboard.

Rebel Heart also features collaborations with Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, Nas, Chance the Rapper, and Mike Tyson.

Rebel Heart is expected to be released on March 10th. You can order the album on iTunes! (As with any Madonna album, it does contain explicit lyrics.)

Be sure to follow Madonna on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube!



So what did I think of Rebel Heart? Well, regardless of what you think about Madonna, she can still put out powerful beats that make you want to dance and she can still sing her heart out. Personally, I thought the album was... okay. She is still trying to stay relevant by featuring collabs with Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, and Mike Tyson (who has a cartoon on Adult Swim - I am not kidding!). But with tracks like "Bitch, I'm Madonna" feat. Minaj, and Devil Pray, it made it hard to like this album at first.

 Once I let my prejudices fall past the songs I really didn't care, I really found some songs that I could play over and over. The haunting melody of Ghosttown is pretty darn great, and Inside Out is classic Madonna! How did the duet with Chance the Rapper and Mike Tyson go? It is a pretty decent track called Iconic. I actually liked it - more than I thought I would!

This album was pretty good! Her voice is still super strong, and she has no problem pushing the envelope (as you can tell by the lyrics in most of the songs). Some songs are current to today's music and some where outright classic Madonna style. I'd definitely listen to it again!

 On a scale from 1 (being pretty horrible) to 10 (being the best thing since chocolate-covered bacon), I'd give it an 8. I didn't care for a few songs, but some I thoroughly enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.