Check us out on social media!

Christmas books that should make a come back!


I might be turning 30 in less than 2 weeks, but there is still a part of me that wishes I was still young enough to read the Christmas books my generation grew up with. No doubt that there are plenty of new Christmas books for children nowadays, but there is something about reading a book to your child/ren that you once read when you were their age. 

Here is a list of books I wish would come back into people's homes at Christmastime!


It's Christmastime and Little Critter has written his letter to Santa, helped his mom bake cookies, decorated the tree, and done some last-minute shopping. He can't wait for Santa to get here. Lift the big flaps to share in the Christmas fun with Little Critter and his family!

The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree by Stan Berenstain, Michael Berenstain, Michael Berenstain

Finding the perfect Christmas tree is very important for Papa Bear and the cubs. But while hunting for that one special tree, the family meets up with other animals that live in them. Papa, Brother, and Sister realize that the trees are perfect homes for the animals and show kindness and love for their fellow Bear Country friends by not cutting them down.

Clifford's Christmas by Norman Bridwell

With his own tree and a Clifford-sized stocking hanging on the door, Clifford seems ready for Christmas. However, he is not prepared for Santa sliding down the chimney and falling into his stocking. Good intentions turn into a merry mess when Clifford helps Santa Claus.

I really enjoyed reading these 3 books during the holidays when Twin and I were growing up. I know there were other books we read because we loved Christmas, but I can't think of them right now. I might have to ask Mom if she can remember!

What were YOUR favorite Christmas books growing up? Which one stood out the most?



2 comments:

  1. I love these Christmas books and I think my nephews would enjoy them as well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.