Oct 3, 2014

Weight Loss Journey: MAJOR Update!


For the past 6 or 7 months, I have allowed you an intimate look into my struggle with weight and losing it. I cannot lie - it has been hard letting strangers know my battle with weight and letting them judge my choices. I'm a pretty private person, so letting you a peek into my private life means that I am becoming more of an open-person with problems that mean a lot to me.

Anyways, I have a major announcement that has me over the moon! The past 3 weeks, I have been suffering from one infection to another. I had to deal with 2 infections one at the other. The first infection was a major bacterial infection that landed me in the ER (but luckily, not the hospital) and the second landed me on a bland diet. But when I was weighed in the ER for my bacterial, I took notice of my current weight and my weight from January of last year.

Guess what?? I had lost 30 pounds since January of 2013! Yes, 30 pounds! Even when I was sick with the flu in July or even had my bacterial infection, I still tried to run a total of 10-20 minutes each day, drink plenty of water, and watch my portions. My favorite pants are even bigger and longer, which means I have to eventually learn to hem so I won't be constantly stepping on them. The kicker? I am much healthier (minus my immune system) and have a lot more energy.

It is still a constant battle, especially since I love sugar, but I know that I can lose more if I keep the motivation. Knowing that I have a support system, even if it's my friends on Facebook or my readers, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Maybe I can lose more before my 30th in December! Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.