Oh wait- you haven't heard of Jimmy Dean Crumbles? Essentially, Jimmy Dean Crumbles are sausage bits that are chopped up so you don't have to chop the sausage yourself and you can add it to pretty much any dish you want for a zing of flavor! Flavors available include the pictures Pork Sausage, Turkey, and Hot & Spicy.
Jimmy Dean Cornbread Breakfast Casserole
- 2 16oz sweet cornbread mix
- 1/2 bag Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage Crumbles
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion flakes (or 1 medium onion, chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400*. Grease or oil an 11x11 baking pan. (We used a brownie pan.)
- Prepare cornbread mix according to directions. If you want the cornbread to be extra moist, add another 1/4 cup of milk.
- Add 1/2 bag of Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage Crumbles, chopped veggies, and shredded mild cheddar cheese to cornbread mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- Bake at 400* until toothpick comes out clean and cheese is melted.
This would make a great breakfast for special holidays or when you're in the mood for something fun and delicious! We still have some Jimmy Dean Crumbles in the freezer so now I have to come up with more fun recipes to use them in. Any ideas?