Check us out on social media!

What LOVE Means to Me...


Our family really doesn't celebrate Valentine's Day like a lot of families (that have activities and other fun stuff planned), except with chocolate candy and thoughtful cards. We do it because we love each other, but now that Valentine's Day is upon us, it made me think about what the word "love" meant to me.

As you know, I am single. But the time I did have a boyfriend during Valentine's Day, he had gotten me a box of chocolates and a red teddy bear. Of course it made me gushy and warm inside to think that this man loved me enough to buy me my favorite indulgence and something fluffy. Now I know that fleeting love and real love are two different things.

You don't have to have a significant other to know what love is or how it affects your life. The love I have for my family impacts my life in a big way. I love everyone in a different way. I love the way Twin can make me laugh when I am down. I love the way my mom listens to me when I talk, even if it's about my blog (which I am sure they are getting tired of hearing about). I love the way my dad rambles on and on about something that makes no sense to me. I love how we can play a card or board game for hours, never getting angry that someone landed on Boardwalk. I love that we can support each other in our decisions and ideas without being judgmental. If someone is hurt, sick, or just downright sad, we are always there to lift each other up. We may get on each other's nerves, but that's normal for any relationship- family or otherwise.

This might seem a bit mushy, and maybe it is, but love to me is knowing that someone is always there for you. It means that some accepts you- imperfections and all.

This Valentine's Day, I hope you tell those who mean the most to you that you love them. Even if you don't say it every day (though you should), tell them as often as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.