Dec 4, 2013

Christmas Gift Mistake- OOPS!

(photo credit)
As I was making out Christmas gift lists in November, I did NOT take into account size. I can't say what I got everyone (since some of my family reads my blog. I feel so loved!), but all I can say is that is seems to be a "big box Christmas" year. As I was wrapping Mom's gift, I did't realize until I was done that the box used 2 newspapers and almost a whole roll of tape to finish the job.

Then when I tried to slide the box towards the tree, which was less than 2 feet away, I saw that the box wouldn't fit under the tree. I had to lift some branches up, catching the attention of my 10-year-old cat, Smokie, who wanted to bat at tinsel as it rained down on her.

It finally fit, but as I looked around the base of our beautiful tree, I saw that there was hardly any room for any other presents! Twin noticed this as well and we had a conversation that was full of ideas but no solutions:

Me: I don't think there is room for Dad's rod-and-reel.
Twin: I could always just take it out of the box and set it up.
Me: He'll see it.
Twin: Move the tree out, then.
Me: If it falls over, are you going to help re-decorate it? Oh, and where should I put these?
Twin: I'll just wait to set it up Christmas Eve. You can put those in the back.
Me: There won't be anymore room.
Twin: Crap.

As you can tell, I didn't move the tree up and no, there isn't anymore room for any more gifts. While I am happy with the gift I got Mom, I think I will keep box sizes in mind next time!

What was your most interesting Holiday blunder?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.