Check us out on social media!

Card.com is the prepaid debit card that is fun to use! (Review)

Visa prepaid cards from CARD.com
Before Monday, this review was going to be about shopping. Shopping for the holidays, grocery shopping, or even just some retail therapy. But ever since Mom went into the hospital, the review instantly became about having an emergency backup.

Card.com is the place to get a fun prepaid debit card that you can personalize using any of the pictures/themes they have available! They have everything from The Walking Dead (...which I just now saw. Darn!), to Star Trek, puppies, kittens, and even sports. This is a debit card, like the one from your bank, and you can use it EVERYWHERE Visa is accepted -- except it's way cooler and cuter.

Here's how it works:
  1. Pick your card and order it.
  2. Be sure to sign up for an account.
  3. When you get your card, activate and load it.
  4. Spend!
  5. Run out? It's reloadable! Now THAT is awesome! (Since most prepaid Visa gift cards aren't reloadable.)
It is absolutely free to order and activate. There are many different options to load it- GreenDot Money Pak, Paypal, Direct Deposit, Western Union, and even transfer money from your current bank to your card. Since this is a debit card, it's like having cash so there are no overdraft fees. And even more importantly, you get 24/7 support, Visa fraud protection, and 100% FDIC insurance on funds. There is no monthly fee for 30 days, but after that, there is a $5.95 monthly fee, which is waived when you direct deposit over $800 in the previous 30 days.

On a side note, this is not a gift card so you cannot give or receive it as a gift card. 

BUY
You can order your Card.com prepaid debit card on their website.

WHAT I THOUGHT

I was excited to find out that I would be reviewing Card.com because I love personalizing things. But I had a hard time finding out which picture to use. Puppies? Kittens? Seasonal? If I have a hard time figuring out what to have for lunch, you better believe that I had a hard time figuring out which picture I wanted on my card! But I chose those cute puppies in a box because it made me smile!

Aren't those puppies adorable?
It only took a few days for me to get my card, and it was really easy to load money on it. I had some cash in Paypal, and setting up to transfer the cash from my Paypal to my card was as easy as pie. Well, not quite as easy as pie, but easier than 1, 2, 3. When I originally got my card, I was going to head to the Halloween shop to buy a jointed skeleton I've always wanted and to replace our Halloween lights. But Mom ended up in the hospital and I decided to save the card for things we needed while she was gone. I never had any trouble using it, and even had a woman ask me about it. When I told her where I got it and that it was free to get, she said she'll have to check into it. Puppies make everyone smile!

I don't say this often about prepaid cards, but it is definitely one of the easiest prepaid cards I've ever had, especially since it's reloadable! Now that Mom is home, I can start shopping for Halloween, birthdays, and Christmas!

I was NOT compensated for this review. I received a $25 loaded Card.com prepaid debit card to review. All thoughts/opinions are my own. Your experience may differ.


1 comment:

  1. (Card.com review) This is a good place to get debit cards as gift's for the up coming holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.