Jun 5, 2013

Starting my days WITHOUT caffeine!

For the past few days, I have had a hard time getting my mornings going. After waking up and eating breakfast, I would grab a cold Dr Pepper and head back to my workstation so I can get to work. But ever since Mom and Twin mentioned they were getting off soda and caffeine, I decided I should do the same. I was becoming too dependent on the caffeine from the soda to get me going, since I don't like the taste of coffee.

Today has been the 2nd day without my morning Dr Pepper, and it has been a rough 2 days. Even after breakfast, I still feel myself wanting to go back to bed. Taking cold showers didn't help, it just made me feel more clean. LOL

So why exactly did I make the decision to stop drinking that deliciousness known as soda? The last time I went a significant time without soda was a month, especially after being released from the hospital back in January of a staph infection. For some reason, they wouldn't let me have soda for all 5 days, so all I drank were unsweet tea, milk with breakfast, and tons of ice water. After coming home, I didn't have soda because I feared it would react with my antibiotics so I stayed off soda for about a month. But after I could go back to my normal diet, I tried soda and I fell off the bandwagon.

But lately, I started thinking about the weight I actually lost when I wasn't drinking soda. I had a lot more energy, without the sluggish feeling. And since I want to get back into the shape I was and the energy I had, I decided that I was no longer going to drink sodas... Even if the temptation seems too great at time. I almost had one with dinner but saw tea in the fridge and decided to go with tea.

Now if only I could break my love of tea. I don't think I ever will. LOL I mean, c'mon, I live in Texas. We love our tea sweet!

What is the hardest thing you've had to give up?

1 comment:

  1. How right you are! I love my tea sweet; wouldn't have it any other way (and I'm not even from the south). I commend you on trying to break from the Dr. Pepper. I used to have a sort of addiction to diet Coke. I don't drink much soda/pop these days (only if it's a social gathering or I'm out, which is not often), but I remember how hard it was when I kicked that habit after leaving college. The panging crave for caffeine was really hard to get over. Unfortunately, I fell off that wagon when I was living at home a year later, but what helped me this last time to quit for good was going through post-operation guidelines after a long stay at the hospital (just like you) and I just got used to the fact that I couldn't drink any soda/pop after several months being on a strict diet. I wish you luck on the endeavor! Just take it slow and you'll be off it not before long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.