Check us out on social media!

Put your worries into a box!


Because my sister suffers from GAD (General Anxiety Disorder) her small worries eventually turn into huge worries. She is always thinking about the worst case scenario. When she begins to worry, her anxiety level goes up, which keeps her from enjoying the day. So she went online the other night on ways to deal with her worries, when she came across The Worry Box! While the original idea was for a classroom, we figured that it would be great for our family as well!

We don't have all the things to make a Worry Box yet, we are contemplating what exactly to make it out of. While I want a hinged wooden box, Twin wants one of those corrugated boxes that you use to organize files and things. Once the box will be finished, we would write our worries on paper (without signing them) and put them in the box. At the end of the year, we would go through the Worry Box and when we see what our worries were for that time.

So if you're feeling stressed out or just worried in general, create a Worry Box and put your worries in the box! It allows you to released some of that stress or worry

The Worry Box is also a great idea for children who tend to worry a lot. You can find more information on introducing The Worry Box to children at Practical Katie.


9 comments:

  1. never heard of a worry box. my motto for life is why worry when you can pray?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I also suffer from GAD like your sister. Something I didn't have until after I had my 3rd child, and made worse in recent years by the deterioration of my marriage. I try to control it through medication, and meditation. Prayer also helps me a great deal. I've also seen ideas about writing the worries on slips of paper, and at the end of the year reading them all, then burning them. I've always wanted to try it, but haven't yet. Maybe now is the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! Worrying can kill you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I have an anxiety disorder so this sound pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a great idea.
    I'm such a terrible worrier too and maybe this will help me.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing, this would be perfect for my 8 year old who worries all the time to the point of making himself sick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. I am going to put my worries in a box right now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.