Jan 1, 2012

A New Year's Resolution


First off, I want to wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous 2012! I have a feeling that it's gonna be a great and exciting year so hold on tight!



Mom, Twin, and I were talking the other day about New Year's Resolutions. And instead of calling them "resolutions", we decided to call them "goals" because we set a certain time frame (February, in a few months, by the beginning of Summer, etc.), and know we have to have them accomplished by that time. But a certain resolution has no set date. We all decided that come heck or high water, we were going to start couponing more. It means getting up at 4 in the morning every few days, taking Dad to work, and then going to the library to print out coupons. While it will cost 15 cents a page, we figured that the savings at the end of it all will be a bigger reward than spending a few dollars to print them out.

But there is a slight problem with that. We're kinda sorta new to use a a lot of coupons at once. Most of the time, they have been free product coupons (Which we absolutely love! I was able to get a $12 box of hair color FREE!) and so we didn't have to worry about the cashier thinking they're fake. So we might need a little help with that. Does anyone have any advice they could give us? Anything would be helpful to us newbies!

And this one is not really a resolution but more of a goal. I have decided to dye my hair red. Well, that was how it was supposed to happen. I have medium to dark brown hair and got a box of John Frieda Precision foam colour. It's a great product (minus the ammonia smell that still lingers in the house) and it was super easy to use. And I got a reddish-color, thinking that my hair will turn out exactly like it was on the box. I haven't dyed my hair in a few years so I had forgotten that dark brown + red equals a chestnut color. It's a cool color but I want fire engine red. So during the year, I have a goal to eventually change my now-chestnut color to that fiery red! I'll take pictures and let you all know of my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.