Dec 22, 2014

Weight Loss Journey: Holiday Update!

Ever since I started losing weight, I knew I would run into trouble once the holidays arrived. I feared that I would gain some weight back and ruin all of the hard work I had done. Well, I have to admit that I did gain a pound or two with Thanksgiving. But I worked hard to make sure I continued losing weight.

Once those days were over with, I decided to pick up running... sort of. Since it is no longer 100* outside, I thought running would be helpful in helping me lose weight. So every day (or almost every day, depending on how I felt), I would run to the end of the street and run back. I know it isn't a lot, but they say that when you start running, start with shorter distances until you are comfortable enough to run longer distances. I still haven't built up the stamina to run past the street (thanks to arthritis), but I will eventually.

My only fear now is Christmas. Almost every year, we go over to my grandmother's house for Christmas Eve, where they have a lot of food. Sometimes there are veggies, But not often and it comes on a platter with delicious dip. But most of the time, it's food you would see at a Christmas party - not exactly helpful when someone is trying to lose weight. Then you have Christmas Day, which is also filled with wonderful food and sweets.

I know I can do it. Thankfully, I can no longer eat like I used to, which I am happy about. But oh, the thought of all that fantastic food is making me hungry.

I almost forgot! I have some great news: I have lost more weight! I would say that I've lost up to another 3-5 pounds. It's a great feeling to see that clothes are starting to become more looser on me, and the energy I have is astounding! Who knew losing weight would bring so much energy?

I think I like losing weight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.