Check us out on social media!

Mary J Blige presents #TheLondonSessions!

I participated in the Mary J BligeThe London Sessions album review program as a member of bLink Marketing Network. I was provided a free album to review but all opinions are my own.
Mary J Blige fans have been wanting a new album from her since the release her Christmas album A Mary Christmas in 2013. This time, Mary J Blige has never sounded better with the release of The London Sessions.

The London Sessions is the newest release from this R&B superstar. Believe it or not, 3 months ago, there actually was no album. But Blige decided to move to London so she could experiment with new sounds. In 3 weeks, the entire album was recorded. She collaborated with the UK's most celebrated artists including Disclosure, Eg White, Emeli Sandé, Jimmy Napes (Sam Smith), Naughty Boy, and Sam Romans.



The London Sessions is expected to be released on December 2, 2014.

Pre-order:
Amazon - http://bit.ly/MJBLondonSessions
iTunes - http://bit.ly/ MJLondonSessions

Mary J Blige on Facebook
Mary J Blige on Twitter
Mary J Blige on YouTube

I got the chance to listen to and review Mary J Blige's The London Sessions. Now, I have to say that I am a big fan of Mary J Blige. I listened to many of her early albums when I was in middle school & high school. I just fell in love with her voice and the vibe she put out. It was practically unseen in those days. So I was pretty excited when I got the chance to listen to The London Sessions.

Let me just say that I agree when SPIN Magazine said, "Vocally, Blige has never sounded better.". Her vocals are amazing on this album. Her new sound is definitely new, but still definitely Blige. In no time, I had my favorites. My most favorite track would have to be Doubt. It sounds like the classic Blige many people have come to love. Long Hard Look was also an instant favorite because I can relate to its message more than I knew I would ever relate to a song. I did like - and even love - a lot of the tracks on this album. It's definitely one I will listen to over.

However, there were some songs that didn't fit the album (like My Loving and When You're Gone). While most of the album has an R&B feel to it, a few songs sound like they belonged on a pop album more. And at the end of one or two songs, there was some talking about Mary J Blige from people that worked with her on the album that kind of brought the album down just a tad.

All in all, I believe this could be her best album yet! It ties in a lot of different sound that everyone, even if you're not a Mary J Blige fan, will enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.