Check us out on social media!

What was I thinking?


A week or two ago, I mentioned that I was giving up soda. It seemed like a good idea at first. I was even proud of myself when I turned down soda when someone asked if I want one. Of course, I would slip up and have a soda, especially if the craving was REALLY strong. If that happened, I wouldn't make myself feel bad for having one. I would just say, "I think I can be stronger next time.". So far, I have been doing really well- sort of.

I don't know what possessed me to think I can go days without caffeine, especially if it was part of my morning. I would eat breakfast, grab a cold soda from the fridge, and carry it back to my area for when I was awake enough to comprehend the cold soda. Now that I no longer drink soda, I am without my caffeine! Yes, I have noticed differences- the good, the bad, and the ugly. The good? I don't feel as sluggish or have that caffeine drop I would usually have an hour or so after the caffeine wears off. The bad? I feel a lot more sleepy in the morning because I don't have the caffeine. I know some would suggest coffee. Not a coffee drinker. Love the smell. Hate the taste. The ugly? There are some moments when I am craving a soda, I get a tad grumpy because I know I won't have that caffeine feeling I want so badly. I try to avoid any living thing (people and pets included) until that craving passes. The last thing I want is for some poor unsuspecting person to feel my caffeine-wanting wrath. 

I know you could get addicted to caffeine and soda. I knew that going through caffeine withdrawal is hard. I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes. Is that normal? *insert nervous laugh here* I drink tea, but as an ex-soda drinker, I know there isn't a lot of caffeine in my sweet tea. I've been drinking tea for so long, I hardly feel any effects of the caffeine, if there so be any.   

It's not easy, getting off soda. It is darn hard. But I will tell you something: If I can make it to July without having a soda or going totally overboard (We have holidays and birthdays coming up. It might be a tad difficult to ignore that sugary goodness.), I will hold a $50 giveaway. What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. I think your attitude about giving it up is probably the right way to approach giving anything up. I know that all or nothing thinking never usually works out in my favor, so when I decided to give up soda and other caffeinated drinks, I didn't exactly make it a priority, I just decided to see if I can skip out on it whenever I have the chance. And I totally feel you on the feeling drowsy during the morning or early afternoon; I have the same problem. Sometimes if I really feel extra drowsy I drink a little bit of coffee (maybe 1-2 a month), but most days I get by on drinking flavored water or something else like fruit bars or spicy snacks to sort of perk me up. I wish you all the best of making it to July without going overboard!

    ReplyDelete

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.