Check us out on social media!

Blogging 101: Advice from other bloggers!


We're going to end Blogging 101 week on a super positive note! Sometimes you just need a little bit of positive reinforcement to help you get your blog going! So we asked some of our fellow bloggers to give a little piece of advice to give you the confidence to go out and blog!

I think my biggest piece of advice for new bloggers is to get out there and mingle with other bloggers. My site, Pretty Opinionated, sat lonely and rarely visited until I started networking through blogging groups. I learned so much about how to really get my posts out there and noticed, plus spent time with people who "got" me in a way that family and friends without blogs never could. Let me tell you, though, it was hard for a shy person like me! If you're also relatively shy, you have to really force yourself to start interacting. It's not only good for your blog, but it can do so much to boost your own self-confidence.  - Nicole,  Pretty Opinionated

On blogging:
My advice to new bloggers is to not focus too much time perfecting your layout and planning your content. Do some of that but then just start writing. The most beautiful design and planning in the world will not bring visitors to your blog. Sit down and write. You don't have to post it right away, or at all. You can scrap it later if it doesn't fit your vision, but just write.- Kathleen, Biannual Blogathon Bash

My advice?
Be patient. Don't expect things to happen over night because they won't. Creating and building a blog takes a lot of time and if you try to rush it, things won't happen the way you want them to. Take the time to build your blog into what you want and what you'll enjoy doing every day.

If you enjoyed our Blogging 101 series and are wanting to take your blog to the next level, look for the Blogging 201 series coming in March!

1 comment:

  1. What a great resource for beginner bloggers - keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.