Check us out on social media!

2012- A Look Back

It's almost 2013 and that means it's time to take a look back at 2012 and how I dealt with difficult times and tried not lose my patience (which was hard!).

Back in May, I posted that Mom had to have a pacemaker put in. That was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through because it's scary to think that someone you love has a problem with their heart. I was an emotional wreck through out the whole process and hardly slept. The whole family had a fear that we could lose her. I was like a zombie most days, until the night she came home. Through out the next few months, I was constantly worried about infection or even if the pacemaker stopped working. It didn't help that we had no internet at home and had to go to the local library every other day, making it hard to take care of Mom when I needed to.

Even though we had internet this Summer, no air conditioning made it terribly unbearable and Mom's health seemed to be failing a little bit more. Her Meniere's Disease seems to have gotten worse and the doctor's said her kidneys were "out of whack". While her kidney chemical balance seems to have, well, balanced, she still is not in the best of health. My sister, on the other hand, developed General Anxiety Disorder, which caused her to become somewhat of a hermit in herself. So I decided that I'm not going to let her shut down and instead push her to do things so that she can get rid of the fear that everyone will think she's an idiot (which is what GAD sufferers do think). While she isn't 100%, she is getting better and even taking some initiative on some things herself!

This has been the busiest year for Edge of Insanity with tons of articles, reviews, and giveaways. The Holiday season seems to even more busy than last year, with tons of deals, reviews, and giveaways. I remember last year, about this time, I was struggling just to get giveaways going for you all, and I was wondering what I was doing wrong. So I took stock of what I knew and what I didn't know. I studied up on things I should know and reviewed things I thought I knew. Not only did I grow as a person, I grew as a blogger. I still might be painfully shy, but I learning that the only person stopping me is, well, me!

It might have been a hard year, but I have found a great strength in myself that allowed me to deal with my stress in a better way and wake up thankful that I still have my loved ones in my life.

1 comment:

  1. This goes perfectly with a post I wrote this week. I was writing about how we all have troubles and some people we meet look like they have it together but there is always more going on than we know.

    ReplyDelete

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.