One of the best country music trios of all time has come out with their 8th studio album, Changed! Let me take you back to 2000, where their first single, Praying for Daylight hit the country music charts at #3. Since then, they have had a string of hits that peaked at #1, including These Days, Mayberry, Bless the Broken Road, and of course, one of my favorites, What Hurts the Most.
Now they’re back with Changed, which was released on April 3rd. Thanks to the folks at Big Machine Records and One2One Network, I was able to review the album! What I did was essentially rate each song and then an overall rating of the album.
1. Change… 5/5- GREAT song! It’s essentially saying that he knew he made mistakes that weren’t good for him or anyone around him. Now he has changed into the person that makes him worth having around.
2. Banjo…5/5- Rascal Flatts is known for their upbeat and happy songs. Well, this song is no different! I can see why this is the first single off this album. It’s fun! If you like going out into the sticks or country with your honey, where there isn’t a Starbucks for miles, then you have to listen to this song!
3. Hot in Here…2/5- “Hot in Here” sounds more like the country music out today. Since I grew up on 1980-2003 country music, I don’t care for it very much. But the harmonies of RF make up for it. Hot in Here is pretty much about the sight and feel of his girl is making his temperature rise.
4. Come Wake Me Up…5/5- Another classic Rascal Flatts ballad of “I’m missing you”. For anyone who has recently gone through a breakup (or even missing an ex), you can definitely relate.
5. She’s Leaving…3/5- Don’t really care for this song. It’s not the usual song I’ve heard them do before. But I will say that it’s another fun song. It’s pretty much about the woman leaving or at least on the verge of leaving because of the guy not doing what she wants him to do. I think?
6. Let It Hurt… 5/5- Talk about a beautiful song! Sure it’s about heartache, but it talks about letting the pain hurt so that it’s not buried deep inside but on the surface that you can finally learn to heal. I wish I had learned that when I was going through my breakups.
7. Lovin’ Me…5/5-Love this song! It’s even fun to sing along with! It’s about the woman who loves him, even through all his faults. We’ve all been there, right?
8. Hurry Baby…5/5- It seems that towards the end of the album, the best songs are there! Now I’m not sure what Hurry Baby is about. I think it’s about being far away from the one he loves and he is just crazy and wants to see her right this second. Can anyone back me up?
9. Sunrise…5/5- I love Sunrise. It’s about taking her out of a relationship where the guy doesn’t respect her. And that he’ll be there for her, no matter what, sunrise in, sunset out. Songs like this make me wanna melt.
10. Great Big Love…3/5- I have NO clue what this song is about! It’s another fun song, but it’s not one I enjoy.
11. A Little Home… 5/5- I am glad they end the song with this song. They give each one a chance to have a verse or lyric on this song. It’s such a beautiful song about knowing that you don’t have to have a grandiose mansion but a little home, to remind you where you come from, to keep your grounded and earth-bound.
Total rating: 4/5 Some songs I don’t care for, but that’s because of personal taste. Survey says? Another successful album from one of the most successful trios of all time! Way to go, Rascal Flatts!
You can Find Rascal Flatts on Facebook and Twitter.
See if Rascal Flatts is headed towards your town anytime soon!
You can also enter to win a fly away trip and tickets to see Rascal Flatts in concert! This contest is really cool. They're giving away airfare, hotel, tickets and meet & greet passes for two lucky fans to see Rascal Flatts on their summer American Band tour kicking off this June with Eli Young Band, Little Big Town and Edens Edge.
I was NOT compensated for this review. I received a FREE Rascal Flatts Changed CD from One2One Network to review. All thoughts/opinions are my own.