So the other day, I was on Facebook when I came across cheesecake bars. I hadn't had any sweets like chocolate or cake in so long, I was hoping someone had invented "instant food" where you click "Order" on a recipe and it magically shows up in your lap.
So I decided I would make cheesecake... It would be my very first cheesecake! But everyone makes cherry cheesecake. I've had it so many times, I wanted something with a little more zing and brightness, considering it's starting to feel a lot like Spring and early Summer here in Texas. I thought "How about lemons?".
So I went to Walmart, where I bought everything (including an itty-bitty grater that only cost me 98 cents). Well, almost everything. I had gotten home only to realized I had forgotten the most important part - lemons! But I had to wait a while to go back, which concluded with me driving home with 4 tiny lemons in the pouring rain.
So, you ready for a dessert that's not exactly diet-approved but is bright and yummy?
Lemon Cheesecake (with Blueberry & chocolate topping)
- 1 9oz pre-baked graham cracker pie crust
- 16oz cream cheese (I used Philadelphia.)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tspn lemon zest
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp blueberry pie/topping
- 1 handful Hershey milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat over to 350*.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Add flour, egg, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix until kind of thick, kind of like a custard.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until middle is no longer jiggly.
- Set out to bring to room temperature.
To make the topping:
- Place milk chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup of milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove bowl and stir until the chocolate becomes smooth. Drizzle or speckle across the top of the cheesecake.
- Place cheesecake in the fridge for 3 hours before serving, though overnight is better.
- Before serving, you can heat up the blueberry pie filling/topping or use it at room temperature.
- Spoon topping into the middle of the the cheesecake.
Considering it was my first cheesecake, it came out GREAT!
What is your favorite kind of cheesecake?