Jul 18, 2016

Weight Loss Update: Walking With a #PokemonGo Player

When the guy I'm dating told me he downloaded Pokemon Go when the game released, I didn't think anything of it. I didn't really know much about it, and really had no clue what it was about (besides catching Pokemon). Little did I know what would become of it!

The first day I realized the amount of walking we would have to do, I was happy. Because it's gotten so hot, I haven't been able to do my normal 2 mile walks without wanting to pass out. When the temperature is close to 100* and the heat index is well over that, you want to stay where there is air conditioning. But that happiness was short-lived, instead being replaced with sore feet and legs, and an increasingly appreciation for ice cold water.

For the past week or so, whenever I would see the guy I'm dating, we would head to a local park or area to play Pokemon Go. We would walk from pavilion to pavilion, drive to another area, and do the same there. Then there were the late night Pokemon Go parties that drove me nuts. After walking the equivalent of 2 miles earlier the day, I was pretty tired, and I tend to be a bit grumpy when tired. (He saw that and luckily, still thinks I'm pretty wonderful. Those are his words, not mine.)

Don't worry - we are always 100% aware of our surroundings. When you're in part of a park that's very close to the river, you take NO chances.

But I have noticed a major upside to walking with a Pokemon Go player. I have lost so much weight, I really don't have any clothes that fit properly. I think I have lost another 20-30 pounds since June. I have become so much healthier, especially my eating habits. Before losing all this weight, I was able to eat 2-3 pieces of pizza with no problem. Now I get fuller much more quickly.

I've also started taking B12 and Biotin supplements, especially when I can't exactly eat well or healthy that day.

I have started playing it but without a data plan, I am stuck playing near places that have free wifi or at home. Luckily for me, I don't have to play or tag along for a few days.

I'm tired.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! I walk with my husband & friends as they play and have also lost weight. I finally decided to join them since I am already walking with them. Here's to more weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I completely agree - I started playing as well. I thought, "Well, I'm walking with him. Might as well keep myself occupied!".

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.